LifeSaver Liberty Portable Water Filter
LifeSaver Liberty Portable Water Filter
The LifeSaver Liberty is a robust and portable water purifier capable of removing viruses, bacteria, cysts and parasites instantly. This bottle, featuring an inline pump, is ideal for outdoor enthusiasts, travelers, backpackers or anyone who needs a reliable source of drinking water.
The LifeSaver Liberty is a microbiological water filter that uses ultra filtration technology to filter out viruses, bacteria, cysts and parasites from contaminated water sources. It allows you to purify unreliable municipal water supplies, rainwater, water taken directly from lakes, rivers, ponds, and even muddy puddles, allowing you to make thousands of liters / gallons of clean safe water.
The LifeSaver Liberty filters up to 2000 liters of water at any one time is pressurized with a built in hand pump. This pump forces water through the roughly 15 nanometer (0.015 micron) hollow fibre membrane pores of an ultra filtration cartridge and out through the exit nozzle, leaving microbiological contamination behind.
Features & Benefits:
- LifeSaver materials and water effluent both BPA and BPS free
- SteriTouch® antimicrobial materials used
- Filters out bacteria to a minimum of 99.9999%
- Filters out viruses to a minimum of 99.999%
- Filters cysts to a minimum of 99.99%
- Activated carbon filter removes chlorine, taste and odor, improving the palatability of water for up to 500 liters
- Reduces turbidity of glacial, cloudy or muddy water
- No measuring, wait times or unpleasant taste like when using chlorine or chlorine dioxide
- LifeSaver purification devices are pressurized with a built in hand pump, no chemicals or power required
- Independently tested to exceed full NSF/ANSI P231 and WHO2011 ‘Highly protective tier’ drinking water standards
- Screws right in to most wide-mouth water containers, like Nalgene or Hydro Flask bottles
- FailSafe technology will stop the flow of water once the cartridge has reached it's capacity
- Includes LifeSaver Liberty, manual, and 5ft Scavenger Hose
- 2-year Manufacturer's warranty
Caring For your LifeSaver:
Once primed, keep the membranes of the filter hydrated by storing at least 1 inch/2.5 cm of water in the LifeSaver product at all times. Remove and discard the activated carbon filter from the Liberty and clean the Liberty. Keep the product sealed with the pump and tap in place and do not allow the membranes to dry out. Release pressure before storage by unscrewing the pump slowly until you hear a hissing sound. Storage temperatures should stay within 1°C/14°F and 50°C/122°F.
We recommend storing dirty water, either in the Liberty or in other storage containers, and filtering through the Liberty as and when clean water is required, to prevent recontamination of previously filtered water.
LifeSaver activated carbon filters come with a shelf life for up to 3 years. We recommend storing them in the packaging they arrived in or use an airtight container or plastic bag (dependent on the quality of the container/bag being fully airtight). LifeSaver activated carbon filters sealed in their aluminum barrier foil have a shelf life of 10 years from the date of sale.
LifeSaver Filters have a minimum 3 year guarantee from the point of purchase from an approved retailer or channel partner, not from the date of manufacturer. In good storage conditions (out of direct sunlight and extremes of humidity and temperature) and in the original packaging the product shelf life can be extended beyond 5 years. LifeSaver Filters sealed in their aluminum barrier foil have a shelf life of 10 years from the date of sale. Unused, the minimum storage temperature is -10°C/14°F and the maximum storage temperature is 50°C/122°F.
If you will be flying with your LifeSaver, first release the pressure from the LifeSaver product. Unscrew the pump slowly until you hear a hissing sound. Hold on to the pump firmly whilst unscrewing. Drain off any water and re-seal ensuring the pump is screwed back in place. Pack securely in the hold or within hand luggage to protect the product from impact. Pour 1 inch/2.5cm of water into the vessel when arrived at your destination.
What Can't LifeSaver Remove?
LifeSaver Technology is able remove particles in suspension in water, not particles in solution. This means that some things will not be filtered out of your LifeSaver:
- LifeSaver water filters are not suitable for filtering brackish or salt water
- Pesticides and Heavy metals will not be filtered out. However, optional activated carbon filter removes chlorine, taste and odor
- LifeSaver water filters are not suitable for grey water as they cannot filter out soaps and detergents in solution
- LifeSaver water filters will filter out the microcystin (blue-green algae) bacteria but not the toxins and chemicals that the bacteria secretes in water
- LifeSaver water filters will remove microbiological contamination from urine, however as there is a certain amount of salt which cannot be removed
- LifeSaver is designed to filter water only and is not designed for filtering sugared or carbonated drinks, alcohol or any other liquids